Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Hello Friends,


Have been working on mural for YSCP for last several months. This is a 21 Square feet mural. A group of 3rd-6th graders (They called themselves the Mosaic Tribe ;) ) made the flags of their choice which you see it on the border in the main picture.

I have experienced many hurdles in this process. One of them was to color or not to color the grout.
As I created the flags it was important to maintain the authenticity of the flag colors and and also keep the patterns as close the students' work. So I decided to color the grout for red, orange, green, turquoise grey and white. This added more work but I am pleased with it.

This week I am adding finishing touches to the mural. Although I used a high quality Laticrete indoor-outdoor grout my mosaic mentoring group strongly suggests that I should seal the grout. So I am off to sealing it this weekend, I just want to be sure it will not discolor the color of the grout now or later. So I am being cautious.

Finally the piece will be taken to the frame shop to be framed and then unveiled on March 18th on the culture day








No comments:

Post a Comment